Aiming to read Medicine?
Courses and Workshops: 2020-2021
Doctor for a Day – Work Experience For Aspiring Medics
For all aspiring doctors, prospective medical students applying to medical school in the coming years. Experience what it is like to be a doctor through hands-on clinical practice, manage simulated medical emergencies and learn about the job in way that you can reflect about it in your personal statement!
What will I gain?
- Minor Surgical Skills including Suturing
- Clinical Skills including Blood Pressure and Urine Dipstick Analysis
- Management of a Simulated Medical Emergency Case
- Food, Drink and Refreshments
- An Introduction to Human Anatomy
- A Tutorial in Radiology
- Medical Ethics and Professionalism
- Question and Answer session with Doctors + Medical Students
- Certificate for UCAS
UCAT Expert Tips and Practice
A comprehensive Medic Launch course delving into all the key areas needed to succeed in the UCAT exam for prospective Medical students. If you are looking to improve your grade, master difficult areas of the exam or simply wanting to benefit from our expert UCAT tips, then this is the course for you!
- UCAT Introduction
- Approaching Verbal Reasoning Questions – Strategy and Expert Tips
- Tackling Quantitative Reasoning – Strategy and Expert Tips
- Lunch break
- How to perform well in Abstract Reasoning – Strategy and Expert Tips
- Decision Making – Tips and Tricks
- Situational Judgement – How to Score Highly
- Mock Questions and On-The-Day Advice
- Q&A Session
Master the Medical Interview Course
A comprehensive Medic Launch course delving into all the key areas needed to succeed in the Medical Interview for prospective Medical students. If you are looking to improve your performance, master difficult discussions of the interview or simply wanting to benefit from our expert interview tips, then this is the course for you!
- Welcome and Ice-Breaker
- Approaching your Interview: Panel, MMI and Oxbridge
- Why Medicine?
- Reflecting on your Work Experience
- Interactive Scenarios – Teamwork, Problem Solving and Leadership
- Personal Reflections: Strengths, Weaknesses and Managing Stress
- Healthcare Matters – NHS Hot Topics, GMC Guidelines
- How to Deal with Ethical Scenarios
- Communication Skills – Role Play Practice
- Medical School Advice
- Working as a Doctor and Training Pathways
- Q+A: Feedback and Evaluation
Master the MMI – A Mock Circuit
A full mock circuit consisting of role-play scenarios, worked exercises, ethical discussions, practical skills stations and more. Receive written feedback on your performance and put your practice to test at our MMI mock circuit. Feedback from our events has been extremely positive with students feeling confident to tackle the actual interview and obtain their place at medical school.
- Welcome and ice-breaker
- Overview of the mock circuit
- Candidates divided into groups and allocated starting station
- Circuit of mock interview stations
- Written feedback provided
- Q+A: feedback and evaluation
Our expert-run courses help facilitate your transition from student to medical professional. With courses on every aspect of the application process we can help transform your chances of getting into medical and dental school.
🔸#MedicalMemes | #MedicalInspiration
🔹Exam Help | Mentors = Doctors